Job opening for the post of Researcher in Plant Ecology (permanent position)
Researcher in Plant Ecology
● Position: Researcher in plant ecology
● Place of work: French Institute of Pondicherry, Puducherry, India
● Mission: Research in plant ecology and conservation ecology under the authority of the head of the Department of Ecology
● Salary level and conditions: 43-75000 INR/Month according experience
Essential Educational qualifications
● PhD in Ecology
● Fields of specialization: biology, forest ecology, plant biodiversity and conservation
● Desirable: International post-doctoral research experience
Knowledge and skills
● Strong theoretical background in plant ecology, functional and evolutionary ecology;
● Plant taxonomy, methods and tools of identification (in-depth knowledge of the South India Flora and Indian ecosystems);
● Autonomy in statistical analysis and R language programing;
● Ability to independently plan and execute research projects including field work, analysis, publishing and communicating results;
● Ability to apply for external grants and to participate in interdisciplinary projects with other teams/departments;
● Awareness of palynology, coastal and wetland ecology, GIS and spatial analysis (desirable);
● Good knowledge of the Indian biodiversity conservation regulations and institutions;
● Good knowledge of hygiene and safety policy, legal and deontological frameworks;
● Proficiency in English language, including written scientific communication.
How to Apply
Candidate should apply by sending motivation letter + CV by email at: email@example.com
Last Date of the receipt of the application is 22 December, 2017.
Call letters will be sent through e-mail to the candidates shortlisted for interview before 15 January, 2018.